Wednesday 17 May 2023

New Release: Wings of Passion - A Shifter Romance

 



How does a romance writer celebrate a book release? Well, I guess that depends on the writer. 

The Real Work Begins

You write your first draft. You complete second. Then however many more you need. Then you revise the book yourself, editing it until it's ready to be submitted to a publisher or agent. It gets accepted and you get more editing to do, this time with help and advice. 

You might think that you've done all you need to do, but unfortunately, you would be mistaken. The writing is the fun part, where it's just you and your characters.

After that, though, you have to face what comes next, because once your work is about to be published, and release day is coming, that means you're onto the marketing part of being a writer, and if you're an introvert like me, that's not the easiest part. Wings of Passion is officially a new release, and I need to share that with the world.

Social Media

When your book is coming out, social media becomes your new best friend. I find my spare time taken up with promotional posts, engagement, chatting to writers and readers. I'm sharing teasers and snippets, bouncing between the social networks. 

I'm trying to let as many people as I possibly can know that Wings of Passion is out now. That my new release is available. I'm trying to find the right hashtags to make lovers of paranormal romance and shifter romance aware that my romance book exists. 

Before I was a romance writer, I underestimated just how much it takes to release a book. 

Blog Posts

I write blog posts because I like sharing my process. I like sharing what's happening, what's going on in my writing life, and what I put into writing. 

Through blog writing, I can also share what I'm working on and when it's available. I can publish book extras and deleted scenes, and behind-the-writing information. 

Celebrate the New Release

So, yeah, just because Wings of Passion is available, and it's a brand-spanking new release, doesn't mean the work is done. 

But more importantly, you wrote a book... People can buy it... You created something special! That needs to be celebrated. 

Me, I like doughnuts, I like prosecco, I like to do a dorky dance worthy of Amy Santiago in Brooklyn 99. (If you don't know, take a look. She's got the moves.) I like a little treat, because before I know it, I'm back in front of a blank screen, working on the second book in the Pack Untamed series. I'm doing it all over again. And I never plan to stop. 

If you enjoyed my blog about Wings of Passion then look around my site for more articles about writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment