Thursday 11 April 2024

Character Interview - Sophie - Part One

 

Sophie walks in at midday. She’s dressed in her work uniform. A grey and black trouser and t-shirt ensemble. Her blonde hair is in a ponytail with bangs that frame her face.

She has pale skin, with a pink English rose undertone. Her eyes are light blue, her chin a little pointed and her lips are pink. She smiles politely as she sits down across from me, her hands clasped in her lap.

She taps her black sneakered foot, waiting for me to start.

ME: I’m going to ask you some basic questions about yourself. I know some will be obvious but please answer anyway.

SOPHIE: Sure. No problem.

ME: Thank you. First question. What is your full name?

SOPHIE: Sophie Hannah Lawrence.

ME: How did your parents decide on your name?

SOPHIE: My father picked it because it was his sister’s name. She died as a young girl.

ME: How tall are you?

SOPHIE: 5 ft 5

ME: What colour is your hair?

SOPHIE: Blonde

ME: And your eyes?

SOPHIE: They’re blue. (She smiles) These are really easy. I expected harder questions.

ME: I’m forming your demographic info at the moment, but they shouldn’t ever get too complicated.

SOPHIE: That’s good. I was nervous.

ME: How much do you weigh?

SOPHIE: Oof, spoke too soon. (She wrinkles her nose but answers anyway) Um… like 10 stone or there abouts.

ME: Your birthday?

SOPHIE: (She shuffles on her seat) It’s in February.

ME: What’s your father’s name?

SOPHIE: Ross

ME: What’s your mother’s name?

SOPHIE: I don’t have one.

ME: What are your grandparents names?

SOPHIE: Beatrice and Edward. I never met them though.

ME: Do you have any siblings?

SOPHIE: (Shakes her head) No.

ME: Where were you born?

SOPHIE: I don’t know. I’m adopted. Nobody knows.

ME: Where do you live now?

SOPHIE: I have a small studio apartment. It’s tiny but (she shrugs) it’s fine.

ME: Do you have any medical problems?

SOHPIE: No

ME: Any distinguishing marks?

SOPHIE: I have a tattoo of birds on my side boob. (she smiles)

ME: Are you religious?

SOPHIE: No

ME: What kind of car do you drive?

SOPHIE: It’s a Peugeot 106. Blue

ME: Do you have any pets?

SOPHIE: No, but I want a guinea pig.

ME: Are you married?

SOPHIE: No.

ME: Thank you, Sophie. That’s the end of part one. I’ll see you for part two.

She sighs, smiles and stands.

SOPHIE: See you later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment